Friday, September 14, 2007

Short Update

First let me say if you've read any of my pasts posts you'll know that we've been trying to get going on the DR plan since November 06, my DF was reluctant at getting going even though he has never been the spender of either of us he just wasn't too excited about getting on this, or not as excited as I was or needed him to be. Then he FINALLY came around, was looking for part time work and everything and hasn't found anything yet but still was looking. Well 2 weeks ago he got laid off work on a temporary basis and started drawing unemployment, gets his first check this week, plus he helped my brother while he was off do some remodeling and that helped with some extra cash too but then today he gets a call, expecting to go back to work on Monday and nope he was told "We are really slow right now, we've called 5 other people and told them the same thing but if you find other employment you'd better take it because we won't have anything going until next year" (He does construction/concrete work by the way). SO NOW WHAT??? Our house is getting ready to go into foreclosure, the mortgage co is working to see if they can do a remodification of the loan for us right now and we should know something within a few weeks but now with him getting laid off it's not looking good at all!!! Our electric/gas will be getting shut off if we don't get it paid and we have numerous other bills piling up. I am so scared and don't know what to do, I've been crying since he told me about this and don't know where to go what to do or anything. I can't even begin to do a budget right now because I don't know where to start with it. I had the budget all worked out once but well that's not going to happen now. Just wanted to vent. I am seriously so tired of this and thinking maybe this plan isn't meant for everyone. As much as I hate to say that I have to because I know how hard we've tried and we can't get traction!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reason like this are why you stive to be debt free and have a good emergency fund so when life hits you, you can bounce back without any trouble. Sounds like a fairy tale but if you push though times like these you will make it. Will be praying for you.

JW said...

My heart goes out to you and your family. It sounds like you are really struggling right now. But, please try your best to focus on what is important. That is each other. And, you will make it through this.

"Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you." 1 Peter 5:5-7 (King James Version)

I'll be praying for you.