Sunday, October 7, 2007

We have made a decision...

Ok so for you Dave Ramsey lovers ... I called DR himself on September 24, 2007 and asked him about our situation with needing to move up north and the kids not wanting to. He offered some great advice, you can listen to it on the Dave Ramsey downloadable shows it was in the 2nd hour around 22:40 on the mark. He's a great guy! He really made sense out of it and told me that the kids didn't make the decision, we had to make that decision and if we were making the decision for the right reasons then we should do it. He stated that if we were only going for the money then we would probably already be gone, which is true, and that we needed to pray about it and talk about it to make that decision and that the kids would adjust. Which is the same thing all my buddies in Total Money Makeover chat room had to say as well!

So we went this past Friday and looked at a rental house there and we love it! It's reasonably priced and in a great location and the kids loved it too! They are all excited about moving now, yeah I fretted for months over this and now they keep saying "When are we moving there". LOL KIDS!!!!

So we are listing lots more stuff for sale since we can't take alot of this with us because of the space and we figure what a better time to declutter. We're working hard to come up with the money we need to pay by November 1st. Thats when the house is available and the lady that owns it is super sweet, she's willing to wait until then for us to pay her what we need to and hold it for us. She liked us and we liked her so it all worked out. She had some people lined up to see it next week but has told them it's been rented!! We're all excited about this so pray for us that we will be able to come up with the money we need by then and still stick to the budget. We'd been trying to save up for a house while doing the budget and haven't had much time to save much money so we don't have a whole lot to go towards it right now. I really hope that we get the money we need by then though!

Thank you all for your prayers and concerns with this and I will keep you posted.
Oh and I havent' told my parents yet, I know they'll be against it at first but they'll come around and right now I have to do what's right for my family!!

So watch out DEBT here we come to wipe you away!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

JW said...

I think I remember hearing your call. That is FANTASTIC!!! I'm really glad for and your family.

God Bless You

Kris said...

Sounds like a terrific plan! Isn't it odd...how things just seem to work out when it's right for you? :)

Good luck!