Sunday, October 14, 2007

Struggling with Decisions made...

Ok so the last post was all about how we've made our decision to move and now you're probably going to be thinking I am being wishy-washy here but I am struggling with this decision.
I love my job at the hair salon here and I know that we NEED to move because Chris is the bread winner of the family and this job for him up there pays way more than he could ever make here plus it's a stable position and with my hair services, I could always offer them practically anywhere! But it's so hard.

This salon I work at, I love it. There is NO DRAMA which is hard to find in a hair salon with women working together lol. I have built a pretty good clientele since starting there last November and I just know I'm going to miss it there. But then there's that chance of finding another salon where I love it just as much and building an even better clientele. I've already thought of some advertising I could do to get people to come to me when I move there (since I'm new and don't know anyone there I figure if I offer great special deals for their first visit and do a good job they'll come back), but I'm still scared to death.

It's not so much about the kids anymore. That sounds bad lol and I don't mean it that way because I do worry about them and adjusting and everything but they are ready to go. They seriously ask me everyday "How many more days till we move?" I still worry about them and being away from their friends and family here but I also know they still have a few friends from that area that they e-mail back and forth with and they are great kids that tend to make new friends easily. The being away from family is going to be hard but I'm hoping that things will be like they were before and my parents will come and visit often like they used to and we'll still come here often too. After all it's only 3 hours away from home.

A part of me is ready to move on knowing that this would be a good move for us and put us in a better situation but the other part of me is scared to death and worried about it being the wrong decision. I have been praying and praying about this for the past few weeks and I keep going back to writing out that check for the rental house and making it a done deal to move!

Alot of people on the TMMO chat say I'm just scared to tell my parents and Chris says that too. That is probably a big part of it and I know it's something I have to deal with. They are away this weekend, due back today so I'll see what kind of mood they are in and then see if I can bring myself to tell them.

1 comment:

Jewel said...

Maybe if you employ Dave Ramsey's suggestions regarding focus - only focus it onto the move. Make up your mind, make the commitment, and just do it. Don't worry about others outside of your immediate family. Get focused. When you get focused it gives God an opportunity to support you. Being on the fence is a watered down commitment. Ask and you shall receive - if you're asking for indecision, that's what your receiving. You've only made the right decision when you've made a decision. Good Luck - don't let fear stop you from your good.