Thursday, November 1, 2007

Family Decisions & Other Happenings...

So we decided not to move up north. Yes the money would of been great but I was praying and praying about this and felt like God was telling me we were supposed to stay here for now. The job for Chris up there wasn't ready to start yet anyway and kept getting postponed and we didn't really have all the money we needed to get the rental house up there yet.

So Chris started working this week!!!!! He's a Fed Ex delivery guy LOL. It's a temporary position through the holidays but pays good and COULD go full time, although at this point we're thinking it probably won't for us because of their full time delivery people having to buy their own truck and be Independent Contractors and we know that financially we can't do that at this time. But at least for now he has a job and he's still looking for something full time PLUS he's signed up to take some classes at the local community college to work towards a Civil Engineering degree which would greatly help land a great job in this area in the future!!!

So things are starting to look up for us with him starting a new job now and he's still looking for some side work to do as well.

I am still at the hair salon, things are slow right now though. Today I went in and didn't do 1 single client. Which in my case, if I don't have a client I don't have any money so it was a wasteful day but oh well. I have very few of those at the salon since I started there a year ago so that's good. I have still been helping my mom clean houses although that has slowed down too because she's given a lot of them up since she's going to be quitting the business within the next week. This coming week is our last week of cleaning unless we just do a few houses that only want someone like for fall and spring cleaning or when they are on vacation, we'll still try to do those. She is going to be going to work as a manager at a restaurant that is opening here in town around November 19th. I will be waitressing up there with her during the day on Tuesdays and Wednesday mornings. I'm off from the hair salon on Tuesdays and don't go in until 3 pm on Wednesdays, so that will help. I might try to do a couple nights too but we'll have to wait and see how it all works out with child care arrangements and Chris' work schedule.

So I'm currently working on a budget for November. Yes I realize November's already started and I should've of had it done already and I did once but now that Chris has started this new position and my positions are kind of changing I have to rework that plan. Which is why not having any clients today was really bad. I really needed that money this week since he doesn't have a paycheck this week and we have a Utility payment due by Saturday. I'll keep working and praying and hopefully somehow it will appear. God works in mysterious ways so I'm sure it will show up somehow.

The kids are all doing great! Soccer just ended last weekend for my twin girls and now basketball will be starting soon. They are also starting in band in a couple of weeks. Brandi is going to play the drums and Brittany is going to play the clarinet.

Bryar will be starting Pre-School on November 12th. 1/2 Days in the afternoon. It saddens me that he is my last child and growing up so quick but I know I have to let him grow up and I know that this will be a good experience for him too.

2 comments:

JW said...

God bless your hearts. I'm originally from Alabama and living here in Michigan now. You can't imagine how many people we know are moving back down south.

I admire you for your decision to stay were you are. And, I'm praying for you and your family.

Things will get better.

HS @ Our Debt Blog said...

You have like the perfect life!! 3 kids and engaged again!! and you get to stay in the south... You are very fortunate...be very thankful for what you have.