Monday, July 23, 2007

Good News...

Well FINALLY I got some good news LOL.
Awhile back I was offered a position as an office manager at a local monument company. I struggled about taking the position though because I knew that he wanted someone who would eventually go full time and I knew I couldn't commit to that because I am a cosmetologist too and doing hair is my passion! But I also knew the extra income of starting pay of $9.00 an hour to move up to $11.00 shortly would be a great thing to have to put us closer to getting out of debt ... part of the intensity in me lol.

So I turned the position down, the owner was out of last week when I called and talked to the secretary and explained. She called him and explained then called me back and said he would call me when he got back in town. He called today and asked me what I was looking for and I told him about 3 days a week for now and possible 4 days after school starts but only wanted to commit to 3 days a week right now. I explained to him how I wanted to be honest with him from the beginning and not lead him to believe that I had an intention of going full time permanetly but didn't mind working more days some weeks when needed and if I knew in advance.

He stated that he felt like he could work with that and liked my honesty about the situation. He said I had the computer skills he was looking for and he wanted to hire me at the 3 days a week. So starting tomorrow I work at the monument company on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday from 9 am - 4:30 PM and I'll work at the hair salon on Wednesdays from 11am - 7pm Fridays 9 am - 5pm and Saturdays 9 am - 3 pm.

Now as most of you know I also help my mom clean houses which I used to commit to doing on Tuesdays. I talked with her about this because I felt bad for taking a new position and not being able to help her out when I know she needs the help. BUT she is ok with it because they need the money too so if I'm not helping her that's more income for her, it doubles her income on that day because we always split what we made that day. So that's great news too!

So now I'm finally starting to see the light and hoping that things work out for the best this time!! OH and Chris has been applying at pizza places to deliver pizza and local retail stores to work part time while he still works for the concrete business during the day. So hopefully he'll hear something back and then we'll really be on our way :)

No comments: