Friday, July 13, 2007

What I learned from listening to Dave Ramsey Today...

I listened to the Dave Ramsey show today on my way to the Doctor and again on my way to Menards to get my flooring for my bathroom. Usually I'm not able to listen in my vehicle because I either forget what time it is on or I am not in my vehicle at the time so I usually have to wait and listen at night through the Total Money Makeover site.

So today I listened and it's amazing that feeling you get while listening to him! Listening to the people call in and yell WE"RE DEBT FREE!!!!! is a great feeling to know that someday I too will be able to do that. I get such of feeling of intensity when I listen to his show and pick up on some good tips as well.

Ya know in the past I had heard about get out of debt programs and was keen on the idea but not ever was I so intense about it until I heard about Dave Ramsey! He really puts things into perspective and sets it in you in a way that no other person could do. IT MAKES SENSE!

So today I heard him talking about banks and how they are making a TON of money off of overdraft fees from their customers. THIS is ridiculous in my opinion and as I listened to Dave Ramsey it became more clear as to why it is ridiculous. He says on the radio show, "Here's an idea... if you don't have money in your account DONT write checks or use your debit cards"
Now this seems like a no brainer right? But think about it, the banks are making MILLIONS off of this business, so obviously us American's just don't get it!

Dave said "AMERICANS ARE JUST BEING LAZY"
It only takes what like a maximum of 30 minutes to balance your checkbook?? So why pay all those overdraft fees when all it takes is 30 minutes out of your precious time a month to balance your checkbook??

Now I used to be like this and not worry about balancing my checkbook and just living off what the bank said I had in there... UMMM WRONG!!! You learn real quick that those overdraft fees will eat you alive and before you know it you're sunk in debt!

So please take the time to balance your checkbook and get control of your finances. GET ORGANIZED .... it pays off in the long run!!

1 comment:

My Gen Research said...

I love it when dave goes off on his DaveRants!

and yeah... DEFINITELY live for Debt Free Friday shows! :)